replaced with flash
Happy Winter Break!!
From the Desk of the Superintendent
Dear Parents, Students, and Citizens of Gates County:
On August 18, 2014, our new teachers returned back to school with a motivational and educational convocation. Our focus targeted positive relationships, improvement and strategies for success. One word was identified to describe Gates County Public Schools- “Family”!
There are many new and exciting things going on at our schools and throughout our school system:
- Our teachers have been working extremely hard throughout the summer to prepare for the 2014-2015 school year, as have our custodians and maintenance staff renovating the schools and grounds.
- We are taking every precaution for safety by implementing a full time resource officer in the middle school. The Sheriff’s department will continue to provide security checks during the school day at each school. Additionally the schools will activate entrance safety measures for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The transportation department has implemented new technology on the buses for optimal performance
- The technology department has worked diligently with many staff members to unveil and update new technology engineering software and hardware in the schools.
- The Gates County Board of Education continues to exemplify School Board leadership by presenting at conferences at the national level.
- The greatest asset of the Gates County School System is our people. Capable, competent, caring, and committed professionals, who take responsibility for the roles they play, will drive GCS toward success in all areas.
I would like to welcome back all of our returning students, and I would like to welcome our new students. Gates County Public Schools is a great school district with a major focus on student achievement and safety. We are proud to be “the best in the Northeast Region” because …
- The quality of instruction is excellent
- Student academic proficiency increases
- A culture of feedback improves performance and the effectiveness of initiatives
- Principals are strong instructional leaders
- Teachers have actively engaged classrooms.
- Teachers manufacture student leaders
- Teachers grow individually and strengthen their craft through professional learning communities
- The school district attends to system connections, leverage points, and the effective school archetype
- Students value education and take responsibility for their education.
- Parents are engaged partners in the education of their student
I want to encourage parents, grandparents, and community members to become involved in our children and young adults lives. It is my hope that everyone had a restful and blessed summer, and I am so excited and looking forward to an outstanding 2014-2015 school year. Please visit each school web site to keep updated on upcoming school events.
Dr. Barry Williams, Superintendent
Gates County Public Schools
Personality Trait for the Month of December
Gates County Public Schools
P. O. Box 125
205 Main Street
Gatesville, NC 27938
Phone: (252) 357-1113
Fax: (252) 357-0207
District Office Hours - 8:00am - 4:30pm